The difference between a sociopath and a psychopath is that the nature of the sociopathic personality disorder is a consequence of the environment and the nature of the psychopathic personality disorder is considered a genetic predisposition.
Sociopathic and psychopathic concepts are popular psychological terms that belong to the group of Antisocial Personality Disorders.
Difference between a Sociopath and a Psychopath
Sociopaths differ from psychopaths by their more spontaneous, generally more violent personality caused by childhood trauma and emotional abuse.
Psychopaths differ from sociopaths by their calculating, meticulous personality and inability to feel guilt caused by underdevelopment of the brain in areas responsible for emotion regulation and impulse control.
Sociopathic and psychopathic antisocial personality disorders can be detected from childhood or adolescence if they present behavior patterns of violation of basic rights and security.
Some examples of the most well – known sociopaths in popular culture are:
- The Joker or Joker: Batman’s arch enemy.
- JD: in the series “School of young assassins” or” Heather “.
- Hannibal Lecter: character popularized by the movies “The Silence of the Innocents” and” Hannibal “.
- Alex DeLarge: protagonist of the movie “A Clockwork Orange ” or ” Clockwork orange “
Some examples of the best known psychopaths in popular culture are:
- Dexter: from the “Dexter” series.
- Anton Chigurh: antagonist of the film “No place for the weak” or ” No country for old men .”
- Patrick Bateman: from the movie ” Americanpsych
- Norman: from the movie ” Psycho ” or “Psycho”.